||The original bridge across Cheat River was built in 1852. It has been replaced several times with steel bridges, first a single track and then double. After the flood of 1985 the bridge was converted back to a single. Here we see a photo (courtesy of the B&O Museum) of the bridge as a single track, appearing much as it did to General Hill on the previous page. This picture was taken in 1870, a few years after the Civil War. In the second photograph a steam engine approaches from the east end of the double track steel bridge. This bridge was washed out in the flood of 1985 and carried down river a half mile ramming and destroying a concrete bridge that carried traffic to Manheim.